There’s nothing softer or smoother than your baby’s skin. But here’s a secret: those awesome products made ‘just for baby’ can double as your beauty products, too. We caught up with Cosmopolitan Magazine’s Executive Beauty Director, Leah Wyar Romito, and asked her to share her top 5 go-to baby products – both for her little guy and herself. Let’s be honest, it’s never too early to teach your little ones to share.
1) VMV Hypoallergenics Grandma Minnie’s The Big, Brave Boo-Boo Balm: Every woman has a do-it-all salve. Lucas Papaw Ointment was my go-to…until I found this. I’ve been a fan of VMV since I first got a facial at their Union Square (now Soho) spa. But I had no idea they made baby products. I use this on everything: Axel’s bum and rosy cheeks, my cuticles and lips. And the packaging just makes me smile. I mean…Salve for Skin ‘Owies’?!
2) Mustela Musti Eau de Soin: Any mommy who’s ever used Mustela can practically conjure its signature scent on demand. To me, it’s heaven. So when I discovered this fragrance? Angels singing. I sprayed it on Axel once, then just stole it. (But FYI, if you want to use it on your baby, awesome! It’s alcohol- and paraben-free and is made with skin-softening plant extracts.)
3) Be Good’s Be Honest One-Step Cleansing Conditioner and Detangler: Recently I walked into Cosmo’s beauty closet (heaven for beauty junkies!) and zeroed in on this (next to its sisters, Be Polite Body Wash and Be Caring Body Lotion). Naturally I swiped them (hey, I’m the only one in the beauty department with a kid!) and fell in love with this particular product for myself. Cleansing conditioners are so hot in the beauty industry—now I can share this with my curly-topped son (who needs all the detangling help he can get).
EXCLUSIVE! 25% off ALL BE GOOD PRODUCTS!
PROMO CODE: 4MOMS
Valid 3/22/16 – 3/31/16
4) Yes to Baby Carrots Face + Nose Wipes: My little guy goes to day care…so we’re forever battling the runny nose. These save him—and are my fallback when I run out of facial cleansing wipes. Tip: they’re tear-free formula is awesome for eye makeup.
5) CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Cream: This saved us when Axel had a roseola spell a few months ago. I needed to treat his rash with a super bland (but effective) moisturizer and this is the one our pediatrician recommended. Now it’s the only thing I reach for after his Saturday swim class (he’s sensitive to the chlorine)–and my weekly DIY peel!
Like what you see? Leah and The FOLD are giving one lucky winner a chance to try all of these fabulous products. Click here to enter to win! You’ll have until 11:59 PM EDT on 3/31/16 to enter. Good luck!
Leah Wyar Romito is Cosmopolitan Magazine’s Executive Beauty Director. Make sure to follow this beauty guru for more amazing beauty tips on Instagram @leahwyar.